PhD Thesis funding in image segmentation of vascular network
In the framework of the ANR R-Vessel-X, we offer a PhD funding in the image domain on the axis of vascular network segmentation from hepatic volumic images (acquired from 3D MRI scans). This thesis will be held at the LIRIS laboratory in the Imagine team (Bron) and will be co-advised with Nicolas Passat (CReSTIC, Reims).
- Full description: here
- Application: Applications should be made as soon as possible and potential candidates should apply here .
- Annonce date: 19 September 2018 .
Postdoc position within IRISA (Brittany) on deep learning and hierarchical image representations
- Description: The OBELIX team from IRISA is seeking a highly motivated candidate with excellent academic profile to fill an open postdoc position. The postdoctoral project aims to combine paradigms of deep learning and (morphological) hierarchical image representations, in order to design new automated and efficient tools for large-scale classification and object detection in remote sensing. It will be conducted as a 2-year postdoc in the OBELIX group of IRISA which have expertise in both deep learning and hierarchical image representations. It will take place in Vannes, Brittany.
- Full description: here
- Application: Applications should be made as soon as possible and potential candidates should contact Sébastien Lefevre, with CV, cover letter, academic transcripts & ranks, and references / letters of recommendation. The project can start anytime from today to the end of the year. Please note that due to funding requirements, the candidate shall not have spend more than 2 years in France over the 3 last years (i.e. at least one year abroad).
- Annonce date: 21 april 2018 .
International Master's Program in Mathematics and Computer Science
- Description: The 2018-2019 hiring campaign for the international Bézout masters program is now open until May 31st. The program aims at attracting excellent students in mathematics and computer science from foreign institutions willing to pursue their studies at the University Paris-Est at the master level. Moreover, the best students will be invited to join a PhD program at the University Paris-Est. The laureates will receive a (11 months) grant of about 1300 euros per month and will be proposed a room on the campus.
- Details: The details of the program and a link to the application website can be found here.
- Contact: For any further information, please contact Raphaël Danchin.
- Annonce date: 19 april 2018 .
Ph.D. Thesis Proposal: Causal Spatio-temporal Mathematical Morphology: Theory and Algorithms.
MINES ParisTech (Centre de Morphologie Mathématique, France)
- Scientific fields: Applied mathematics and Computer Science – Interaction between nonlinear video sequence processing and human-vision inspired information processing
- Context and supervision: This Ph.D. Thesis will be carried out at the Center for Mathematical Morphology (CMM) at MINES ParisTech, in France. The Ph.D. Thesis will be supervised by Jesus Angulo.
- Detailed subject: available here
- Application: Candidates should send a CV, a cover letter and the grades obtained during the last two years.
- Annonce date: 19 april 2018.
Announcements for PhD, post-doctoral and permanent positions
PhD+PostDoc positions @ PRIP, TU Wien, Austria
- PostDoc: substitutes maternity leave during 5/2018-6/2020.
- PhD: PreDoc position for PhD, asap, 25h contract for 4 years.
- Official announcement available here
- Team: www.prip.tuwien.ac.at
- job: teaching bachelor and master courses;
basic and applied research in pattern recognition and image processing with focus on hierarchical and structural methods and representations; publishing results at high-level workshops, conferences and journals.
German language is an advantage for both positions.
Postdoctoral position in Computer Sciences and Image Analysis
This position is to support the scientific effort of the
TIMES project (“High-performance processing techniques for mapping and
monitoring environmental changes from massive, heterogeneous and high
frequency data times series”), recently funded by the French Agency
for Research (ANR) for the period 2018–2021. The project aims to
support the analysis of satellite image time series in order to
monitor the dynamics of our Planet, its land-cover and land-use. The
postdoctoral position covers the image processing part of the project,
with the main mission of developing and validating novel image
analysis methods dedicated to environmental monitoring of landscape
objects (e.g. coastal erosion, surface deformation, land cover
changes) from the exploitation of the mass of available heterogeneous
geospatial data (aerial and satellite images, point cloud data)
acquired with very-high temporal frequency. The ANR TIMES project is
a collaboration between recognized teams in Computer Sciences (LIPADE,
MIPS, MONASH (Australia) and SERTIT-ICUBE), possessing expertise in
image analysis, pattern recognition, machine learning and high
performance computing, and in environmental geography (land cover/use
change analysis) with LIVE and ICUBE-SERTIT. The enrolled researcher
will work in LIPADE laboratory and closely collaborate with the
different labs of the consortium with potential travels to visit the
More details available here
Assistant Professor Position (Tenure Track) for a female Researcher
The faculty of Informatics at Technische Univesität Wien offers an
Assistant Professor Position for a female Researcher. The
Candidates are requested to select one of the five research areas
which include the PRIP
group from to the Media Informatics & Visual Computing.
More details available here
Deadline for application is Nov. 5, 2017
Please send an e-mail to TC18
if you want to announce a PhD or post-doctoral position in your