The following lists are not complete. Please contact us if you have any suggestion on modifications.
More advanced books are listed in the Materials section.
- A. Rosenfeld and A.C. Kak, Digital Image Processing, Academic Press, 1982.
- K.Voss, Discrete Images, Objects, and Functions in Zn, Springer 1993.
- T.Y. Kong and A. Rosenfeld, Topological Algorithms for Digital Image Processing, North Holland, 1996.
- L. S. Davis (ed.), Foundations of Image Understanding, Kluwer, Amsterdam (2001).
- Jean-Marc Chassery and Annick Montanvert (eds.), Géométrie Discrète en analyse d'images, Hermès, 1991 (in French)
- David Coeurjolly, Annick Montanvert and Jean-Marc Chassery (eds.), Géométrie Discrète et images numériques, Traité IC2, Hermès, 2007(in French)
- Valentin E. Brimkov and Reneta P. Barneva,Digital Geometry Algorithms: Theoretical Foundations and Applications to Computational Imaging, Springer Lecture Notes in Computational Vision and Biomechanics, 2012
- Ullrich Köthe, Annick Montanvert and Pierre SoilleApplications of Discrete Geometry and Mathematical Morphology, Springer LNCS 7346, 2012
- I. Bloch, Digital
Representations (in the "Grids, cells, structure and
- Tessellation and grids, Digital
topology, Representations of some geometrical entities and
- Grids, cells, structures and topology digital topology, border/frontier tracking, graph theory and combinatorics
- nD objects and recognition digitization frameworks and models, discrete analytical objects (lines, planes, circles, ...), recognition algorithms
- Discrete distances and skeletons square and diamond distances, chamfer distances, euclidean distance, skeletons, medial axis and medial lines/surfaces
- Discrete geometrical transforms rotations, magnification
- Various shape representation hulls, multiscale shapes, Fourier moments, fractals, ...
- Features extraction and similarity measures convexity, lengths and areas, curvature, normals, ...
- Examples of applications image rendering, compression, ...
- V. Kovalevsky Geometry of Locally Finite Spaces. Publishing House Dr. Baerbel Kovalevski, Berlin. ISBN 978-3-9812252-0-4, 2008
- L. Chen Discrete Surfaces and Manifolds: A Theory of Digital-Discrete Geometry and Topology, Scientific & Practical Computing,2004.
- R. Klette, A. Rosenfeld Digital Geometry, geometric methods for digital picture analysis, Morgan Kaufman, 2004.
- R. Klette, A. Rosenfeld, F. Slodoba, Advances in Digital and Computational Geometry, Springer Verlag, 1998.
- G. T. Herman, Geometry of Digital Spaces, Birkhauser 1998.
- L. J. Latecki, Discrete Representation of Spatial Objects in Computer Vision, Series on Computational Imaging and Vision, ed. M. Viergever, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 1998.
- S. Marchand-Maillet and Y.M. Sharaiha, Binary Digital Image Processing, Academic Press, 2000.
- G. Bertrand, A. Imiya, R. Klette (eds.), Digital and Image Geometry, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNCS 2243, Springer, 2001.
Works and results related to discrete geometry are usually published in the following journals:
- Computational Geometry
- Computer Vision, and Image Understanding
- Discrete and Computational Geometry
- Discrete Applied Mathematics
- Graphical Models (previously Graphical Models and Image Processing)
- IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications
- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence
- IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics
- Image and Vision Computing
- International Journal on Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence
- Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision
- Journal of Topology and its Applications
- Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation
- Pattern Recognition
- Pattern Recognition Letters
- Theoretical Computer Science
Since 2013, we collect every year the references of DG papers published in these journals.
Discrete Geometry for Computer Imagery (DGCI)
Main conference for TC18, held every 18 months.
For more information, see next Events on
International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR)
Main IAPR conference, held every 2nd year.
as part of the IS&T/SPIE Annual Symposium on Electronic Imaging.
Seminars on various topic organized at Schloss Dagstuhl international conference and research center for computer science.
Workshop on Discrete Tomography and its Applications
International Workshop on Combinatorial Image Analysis (IWCIA)
Workshop on parallel and combinatorial image analysis.
International Conference on Computer Analysis of Images and Patterns (CAIP)
Conference held every 2nd year.
International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM)
Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis (SCIA)
Conference held every 2nd year in one of the Scandinavian countries.
International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing (ICIAP)
Conference held every 2nd year in Italy.
International Workshop on Computational Topology in Image Context (CTIC)
Workshop held every 18 months.
Reconnaissance des Formes et Intelligence Artificielle (RFIA)
Conference held in France.
Workshop on Digital Topology
International Workshop on Visual Form (IWVF)
Workshop held approximately every 3rd year.